Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Goals for the school year

Welp. It's about time for school to start again. I can't say I'm very excited for school this year. But I'm forcing myself to change my mind and see this year as a challenge (no luck yet).

Once Thursday classes kick back up, the school year just flies by, so I'm looking forward to that.
And this year I want to introduce myself to lots of the middle schoolers. I was going to do that last year, but I wimped my way out of it.
I still remember my first Thursday class when I accidentally sat at the seniors table, but a very nice girl named Julia introduced herself to me and was so nice throughout the year by saying hi when we passed each other in the hall.

So..it's simple enough, right? Introduce myself to some newcomers and say hi when we pass in the hallway.

My goals for this school year is to be:

 a good influence and to inspire the classmates and the middle schoolers.

 and to be willing to mentor, instruct, encourage, praise and guide my classmates and the middle schoolers.

Sometimes people just need people to look up to.
In the past several people have come to me with their problems and I always help them out or give them a bible verse in return. I want to be able to continue to put myself out there as a good influence for the younger grades.

-Stephanie
 
 
 
 
P.S. Those aren't my glasses. Thankfully I don't need a pair- these were my mom's and I thought they made me look studious....haha.




2 comments:

  1. Stephanie, you're awesome. And these are great goals! Thanks for posting about it - I had put together a list of goals too, and they were serious things, but not really in this category. So thanks for the reminder about being a role model. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww... thanks, Katrina! Love you!

    ReplyDelete