Friday, September 20, 2013

How to make a new Friend

Making new friends has been hard for me my whole life, and most of the time I think it would be easier if people came to me first, but lately I've been stepping out of my comfort zone and talking to some new middle schoolers at CBA. So here's some simple rules I find to making a new friend.

Make the effort- In order to make new friends, you have to make the effort to introduce yourself.

Listen-Be interested in what your friend is talking about, even if you aren't.

Keep in touch- I've lost contact with many good friends over the years that I regret losing contact with. If you want to be friends and stay friends, make a hard effort to keep in touch.

Surprise them- To be a good friend, remember their birthday, a small gift or a birthday card is enough to show that you care and they always appreciate it.

These are only four steps in being a good friend, but I think they cover the basics!
-Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment