Friday, October 11, 2013

The pitter and patter on the rooftop


"Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him."
-James 1:12
The rain has put me in one of those reflect and depressed moods again today.
I have been put through so many trials lately. And I feel like a punching bag; like the air is being kicked out of me, like I'm floating, helplessly with my stomach turning and my head throbbing.
Highschool is hard. School has been a challenge this year, and relationships have split apart, some for the better and some for the worst.
My Tuesday night bible study is getting really hard to attend. It's confusing me. One person in my group keeps bringing in questions that make no sense, things that she shouldn't even be questioning. I need to fight to pray for her....she has a different denomination than me, so it's hard for us to get on the same page sometimes and come to an agreement. The thing about this bible study is that they pull stuff out of nowhere and I just want to ask almost every week "Where does it say that in the Bible?" (We're studying Genesis) The leader had a slide last week that said "And God said it was good." And added underneath that "Or was it?" Okay. First off, you're a leader and you should know that you don't question God's word! That's a huge no no. UGH. I just. I think I need to pull myself away, either that, or I should be leading this thing. What do you think?
I'm rambling again. I'm trying to think of good things to say, but the stress in my life is coming out instead...
 
-Stephanie
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Dear Stephanie,

    I can see that God is definitely working in you.
    It's so good that you know this person at your study needs prayer, and you're willing to do it!
    Here's a little (hopefully helpful) advice - as soon as you pray for her, remind yourself (out loud!) that you believe that God is going right to work on it. Our Father is always working! It may take a while (in our eyes), but it's all in His perfect timing.
    If you ask Him to reveal to you whatever seems to be confusing you, He will most definitely do that! (or is it the person who's confusing you?)
    This Bible study seems like a pretty difficult place to be. The leader shouldn't be putting doubts out there and filling the group's mind with disbelieving questions. Questioning God's Word IS a big no no.

    I'm praying for you, Stephanie! =)

    <3 Olivia

    John 5:17 - 'But Jesus replied, "My Father is always working, and so am I."'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for this, Olivia! I'm so grateful to have you as a friend.
    It's the person that's confusing me actually. Somethings that she has said leaves me unsettled. I'll tell you more about it in my next email to you (:
    Yeah...I'm seriously considering not being a part of it much longer. I've been going for three years now, and I'm always battling what gets taught there, instead of learning and strengthening the faith that I have.

    Thanks so much, Olivia! (=

    ReplyDelete