Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Anticipation for a long weekend away.

My excitement for going away is starting to go ecstatic!
“I just need some time in a beautiful place to clear my head.”
After volleyball is finished on Thursday we're coming straight home so I can change out of my volleyball uniform and then we're traveling through the night to Virginia Beach for a long weekend away.
Vacation has been a luxury we've had to miss out on this year because of Mandie's very expensive radiation treatments and her hot spot treatment on her bum later in the spring. We love our dog so so much, so none of us were going to complain about no vacation this year, especially if the choice was between a few days away, or her. It wasn't even a moment's thought and we knew vacation would just not happen this year. So, funds have been slightly stressed lately, but Mandie is paid off! We used my college fund, that way we wouldn't have to worry about growing interest rates to pay off if we used a loan.
Anyway, all of that is besides the point! We're going away for a long weekend and I'm very excited!
I've been sick for the past three days, so I'm going to skip Bible Study tonight, that way I don't pass on whatever I have to them. Even though I was sick mainly over the weekend, I'm knocked back a little on my Biology homework. And I haven't packed at all for this weekend.
So instead of going to Bible Study tonight, I'm going to finish up most of my biology homework, leaving practically only studying for tomorrow (another quiz this Thursday). And I'll get most of my things together for this weekend.
It's going to be a cold weekend at the beach, but I won't complain! I love Virginia Beach, and the hotel we're staying at is my home away from home. They have a splendid pool and hot tub.
I'm hoping Britney will give me a photoshoot on the beach. I've had one before, but I was wearing my winter coat....so they didn't have quite the look I was searching for...haha. I'm thinking of going during the heat of the day and maybe wearing my long maroon dress I got recently, but haven't worn anywhere yet.
I'll probably finish up the Final Storm by Wayne Thomas Batson on the ride there on Thursday night. So what ever shall I read while I'm there?
I'm tending to go out of my Rick Riordan phase. But I couldn't resist purchasing his latest book. I have to see how this series ends! And I had to buy it because one cannot have a incomplete collection of books! (I have the first three of this series on my shelf). I don't know though. Maybe his next series will be better? He wants to do Norse/ Viking mythology next. It will be worth checking out, I believe.
Thanks to Wayne Thomas Batson, I've been inspired to write a story for the first time in years. His way of writing is simple, and inspired me to try again.
I don't have any goals for this story. If it gets up to 30 pages, then hurrah!
I have a plot...I'm just working on "thickening the plot" and then I'll start my story.
I have some excerpts I've written that I'll throw into the final story and I now realize that adding chapters to my story will help extremely. When I'm stuck, and don't know where else to go, there can be a semi-cliff hanger at the end of each chapter. I'm not sure if that makes much sense? Haha.
I should really get back to finishing up my lab write up for Biology....hmmm....
I'll write another post after I get back from my weekend away!
-Stephanie
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. You should read 'Princess Academy' by Shannon Hale! It's perfect for this time of year. Ooorr.....'Dragon Slippers' by Jessica Day George! That is, if you have any time to swing by the library before you leave! I hope you have an amazing weekend Stephanie! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo! Both of those sound really good! I must put them on my list to check out! Thanks for the recommendations. :)
    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete