Monday, October 28, 2013

Home again

It was so wonderful to spend a long weekend away at Virginia Beach! It was in the 50's and the 60's the whole time we were there, but I didn't mind at all. It was beautiful!


I always love how fluffy the clouds are over the ocean on overcast days.


We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express again, I love it there. They have a huge pool and hot tub, and Mmm breakfast with bacon. ^_^
We were on the 8th floor in our hotel this time...which none of us were comfortable with....we tend to enjoy being on the 3rd or 4th floor, that way the ocean doesn't seem so...small?
( I don't know... is it possible for the ocean to look small? Haha)

I finished "The Final Storm" by Wayne Thomas Batson while I was there. I can't say that it finished the way I was hoping it would. I was thoroughly disappointed at first with the way Wayne finished the book, but as an allegory I guess it had to end that way.

One evening I went down to the lobby and finished replying to the two penpal letters I brought with me. It was so dark over the ocean, but the boardwalk was illuminated by several lampposts. While I sat there working on writing letters, I didn't see anyone walk past for an evening stroll. It was nice to spend sometime in the lobby when no one was there. It was eerie silent in the lobby and the only other person was a worker behind the front desk and my sister working on math homework for college.

The next morning we woke up to papers posted all over the hotel about a race taking place that morning and that our street would be closed until 10am. Sure enough, starting just before we went down for breakfast, we watched several people run by. Some were in Halloween costumes, which I found kind of funny. Some of the costumes made me laugh. One guy was crazy enough to wear nothing but a speedo in the cold temperatures. He was dressed as Captain America with a cape, but was missing the remainder of his apparel besides his speedo.
There were several others! There was a couple that dressed up, the lady was Peter Pan and the man was Tinkerbell- in a dress in all!
 
There were so many runners! It was fun to watch them run by in costumes, knowing that some were just in the race to have fun.

 
The gender-switch Peter Pan and Tinkerbell!

 
Can you guess who the people in the boat are?
I'll give you a hint, it's based on a show....
You got it! Duck Dynasty!



There were so many cargo ships that passed by our view of the ocean each day. I was always wondering where on earth they were going, and where they had been. I wouldn't mind a year full of nothing but traveling on the sea, but I always get a vision in my mind of huge waves and dark clouds threatening to topple a ship over. Then I snuggle farther down in my bed and decide that I'm content with staying on land.

It still doesn't stop me from wondering what life is like for those that travel by sea, or how far it is to reach the horizon, or how long it takes to be directly under those huge, fluffy clouds.

On Saturday Britney took me out for a photoshoot on the beach. She didn't want any pictures, which I was slightly disappointed at, but agreed. While I was out by the water, a boy around my age wearing a cowboy hat rode by on a horse. "Good day ma'am." He said with a tilt of his hat. I couldn't help swooning a little. And also being slightly embarrassed. I was in a dress! Goodness....I never wear dresses. I smiled back, but I was more intent on watching his horse. He was riding a horse on the beach! Have I ever mentioned how much I want to do that?

 
I made this my profile picture on facebook....and exactly 50 people liked it.
Whaa....? That's my highest record so far! Haha


 
I'm reading "The Curse of the Spider King" in this shot. I just started it on the ride back home.
It's also by Wayne Thomas Batson. I haven't quite decided if I like it just yet...

 
Dad took us to a restaurant called "Outback" for supper the second evening we were at Virginia Beach.
He let me order a side of four crab legs! I was so thrilled. I haven't had crabs since early summer.
Yummy, tasty, crabses, hobbiteses!

On our final morning there, we watched the sunrise over the ocean. It was absolutely gorgeous. We were all really going to miss the ocean, but we were all ready to come back home. I appreciated the escape. I had been needing to get away so badly lately.

Now, back into my daily routine of school and homework and school and studying and school and bible study and school and socialization.

And reading when I can, writing when I can, enjoying life when I can, and hopefully squeezing in time for drawing when I can...time doesn't allow for that currently. I hoping I can adjust something's so there's time for that  again.
 
Until next time! Bon voyage!
-Stephanie







1 comment:

  1. Yay! So glad it was a good time for you. :)

    Girl, you're gorgeous. <3

    ReplyDelete