Saturday, November 2, 2013

A good day at last!


     I signed up for Nanowrimo for the very first time this year. I'm not necessarily trying to reach the 50,000 word goal. But I am trying to push my story forward. I just started it yesterday, and I'm already at 1,300 words. (That means only 49,000 more words to go, right? Haha) So I'm really excited about it. This is the first time in maybe 5 years that I've felt inspired to try writing again.
And whether I finish it in a month or not, I want this to be the first story that I actually finish. My first, decently long story.

     Today we went to sell soap at another flea market. I love going to this flea market! There's always great stuff being sold. And today was author day in the farmer's market building, just a short walk from the flea market building.
I looked through all the books from the authors but none appealed to me. It was nice to talk to the local authors though! I decided I was going to get a book if it was fiction and appeared my type, but most were nonfiction and romance , history and science fiction. There was really only about 10 authors too!
When walking out of the small room where the authors were, a violinist was playing a tune on her violin. I listened a few seconds and saw her case for her violin on the floor, it had a sign propped up saying "Tips welcome!" I reached in my pocket, I had 50cents from my last purchase, so I threw that in her case! I had always wanted to do that! It felt so cool.

I supported two local craft makers today:
 

 
A man was selling upcycled forks and spoons! He had chimes and all different sorts of little charms made out of them. Both my Britney and I purchased an elephant pin from him! He makes them himself, and they were only $5 each. I plan on pinning this little guy on to my backpack, it's so cute!
 
 
There was another man in the farmer's market building that was selling bookmarks. I was going to just walk by at first and then I walked closer. They were really cool! He had all different sorts of charms on the ends of his bookmarks and I had a hard time choosing which one I wanted at first, until I laid my eyes on the one pictured above.
It was $7.50, but he also gift packaged it!
It was altogether a well put together shop. If he's there next time, I may not be able to refrain myself from purchasing another one.
 
 
Pictured above is how you insert the bookmark into the book you're reading!
Such a cute idea, no?
 
 
Both Britney and I went to the jewelry lady that was there the last time we sold at this flea market.
Immediately we rushed to the bargain bin.
The bike necklace was $1 and everything else was 50cents.
Ha....and I can hardly get one jewelry item at Walmart for $5!
 
 
 
     When we got home from the flea market there was a call on the answering machine for me...from Mrs.Johnson! She's the junior high play director for CBA. She actually lives just a neighborhood away from me.
She was calling to ask if I was interesting in working with little children for MOPS two Tuesdays a month from 9:30 am to 11am. $25 each time.
And she could give me a ride there.
For now she just needs the two Tuesdays in November coming up and one week in early  December.
She said on the message that so many people were signing up, that they had to start turning them away because there wasn't enough childcare.
I called her back immediately and accepted the offer. I think she was more pleased than I was with me wanting to do it!
 
Of course, this means I'll have to be able to finish math before I go, and come back home to do history, language arts, and biology once MOPS is over.
But it's not every Tuesday, and I only have one in December.
 
Ahh!! This is my first job offer ever. Hooray for the chance to get some experience (and extra cash)!
Hmm, perhaps I should actually save that money up for something?
 
And tomorrow Britney is going to see a play called "The Importance of Being Earnest" She's required to see the play for one of her college classes and got two free tickets to go see it! Anddd guess who was invited to go with her? Me! I'm so excited. I love plays.
 
 
-Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment